The word “hospice” comes from the centuries-old idea of offering shelter and rest to weary and sick travelers on a long journey. At Journey Hospice our goal is to support an individual, their family and loved ones during that journey. Our care team has a shared philosophy of ethical, competent, compassionate care for each individual we have the privilege of caring for.
Our Mission Statement:
- To provide comfort, relieve physical, emotional, and spiritual suffering, and promote the dignity of individuals with a life-limiting illness
- To ensure a nurturing, supportive environment for our hospice care team
- To develop a strong partnership with the community to ensure comprehensive end-of-life care is available to each eligible individual
Our Vision Statement:
Every individual’s journey of life should end with dignity, compassion and comfort.
Our Goals of Hospice Care:
- Physical, emotional and spiritual comfort
- Choices based on individual needs
- Respect and care for individuals, their family and loved ones
- Comprehensive information to make the right decisions
- Freedom from pain while preserving awareness and a sense of control
- Continuity of care